Bincote Road Surgery PPG - Patient Participation Group
Have Your Say!
Questions & Answers...
What is a PPG and why has it been formed?
The Bincote Surgery PPG is a Patient Participation Group – a group of volunteer patients who are involved in making sure the practice provides the services its patients need.
What are the PPG aims?
1. To communicate between Patients and the Doctors and staff of Bincote Surgery.
2. To promote health education and awareness on topics of interest and value to the Patients.
3. To encourage the formation and joining of local support groups.
4. To promote, after discussion with the Bincote Surgery Doctors and staff, any matters which is deemed to be of interest to both the Patients and the Practice.
Why are you asking Patients for their contact details?
We would like to be able to contact Patients and Carers occasionally to ask them questions about the Practice and how well we are doing to identify areas for improvement.
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection act 1988. This gives you the right to know what information is held about you, and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.
Will my Doctor see this information?
This information is purely to contact Patients to ask them questions about the Practice, how well we are doing and ensure changes that are being made are Patient focused. If your Doctor is responsible for making some changes in the Practice, they might see the general feedback from patients.
Who else will be able to access my contact details?
Your contact details will be kept safely and will only be used for this purpose and will not be shared with anyone else.
Do I have to leave my details?
No, but if you change your mind, please let us know.
What if I no longer wish to be on the contact list or I leave the Practice?
We will ask you to let us know by email if you do not wish to receive further messages.
Who is currently involved with the Bincote Surgery PPG?
Dr. Marc Dissanayake (GP)
Dr. Nalina Patel (GP)
Dr. Ranil Perera (GP)
Mrs Ann Williams (Practice Manager)
Position available (Chair)
Roger Springett (Vice Chair)
Caroline Bourdice (Joint Secretary)
Grace Theodorou (Joint Secretary)
Position available (Treasurer)
Position available (IT/Communications)
Would you like to have your views heard?
Would you be interested in becoming a member of the Bincote Surgery PPG?
Would you like to have a say about the services provided by Bincote Surgery?
The Bincote Surgery PPG hold meetings every Month.
To join the PPG, please contact reception who will advise you as to how to join. We look forward to seeing you and hearing your views!
Meeting minutes 23rd of August 2016
Our Achievements so far…
- Improved consultation rooms.
- Online Appointment booking available.
- Online Electronic Repeat Prescriptions available.
- Practice offers extended regular consultation times, for routine booked appointments from 10 to 15 minutes!