The doctors operate from 8.00am - 12 noon and 2.30 - 7.00pm
||6.30 - 8.00pm
||9.30 - 11.00am
Need to see a GP in the evening or on the weekend?
Appointments are available from 6.30pm to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 8pm weekends and bank holidays for all patients registered with an Enfield GP practice.
You can book an appointment with a GP or practice nurse at any one of the following primary care access hubs:
- Evergreen Primary Care Centre, 1 Smythe Close Edmonton N9 0TW
- Carlton House Surgery, 28 Tenniswood Road, Enfield EN1 3LL
- The Woodberry Practice, 1 Woodberry Avenue, Winchmore Hill N21 3LE
Booking is easy, either:
- Contact your GP practice in the usual way and ask for a weekday evening or weekend appointment, or
- Call the primary care access hub direct on 03000 333 666 (during operating hours only)
You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency. NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help and is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones. Call 111 if you need GP out-of-hours services, urgent care or you need information about a health issue.
Your local pharmacist can give you friendly expert advice about over-the-counter medicines that can help with lots of common conditions without the need for an appointment. Other services include smoking cessation and the minor ailments scheme.
Walk-in services and urgent care centres
These centres treat most injuries and illnesses that are urgent but not life threatening. You don't need to book an appointment - just turn up and you will be seen promptly by either a doctor or nurse.
- Chase Farm Urgent Care Centre, Chase Farm Hospital, The Ridgeway, Enfield, EN2 8JL. Open 8am-10pm, every day.
- Edmonton Walk-In Centre, Evergreen Primary Care Centre, 1 Smythe Close, Edmonton N9 0TW. Open weekends and bank holidays only from 8am to 8pm.
- North Middlesex Urgent Care Centre, North Middlesex Hospital, Sterling Way, Edmonton, N18 1QX. Situated in A&E and open 24 hours a day, every day.
Mental health emergency
In a mental health crisis please call 020 8702 3800.
Accident and Emergency (A&E)
For life threatening illnesses or injuries go to A&E or call 999. A&E and 999 should only be used in a critical or life threatening situation.
- North Middlesex University Hospital, Sterling Way, Edmonton, N18 1QX Tel: 020 8887 200
- Barnet Hospital, Wellhouse Lane, Barnet, EN5 3DJ Tel: 020 8216 4600